Follow my art adventures by email

Subscribe for email notifications of new blog posts

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Pink Cyclamen


This painting was created mostly with a palette knife, and a few brush strokes. I really love the thick texture of paint I can build up with a palette knife, plus it forces me to be looser in my painting.
The snow was swirling on a bitterly cold winter day while I painted this in my friend's studio. Grocery store plants help me get through our long winters.
"Pink Cyclamen" will be available at the Spring Fever Handmade Market this Saturday from 10am - 4pm in the large greenhouse at Chamberlain Acres, 824 Broadway Elmira, New York. 
Little paintings like this go fast at this market, so if you're interested message me and I will hold it for you.
"Pink Cyclamen" 7x5 oil on canvas by Bridget Bossart van Otterloo
Below is a list of spring events. I hope to see you at one or more of them!
-Bridget
Workshops in my Home Studio

Watercolor Workshops in my Home Studio
Join me in my light filled home studio for a relaxing afternoon of painting! All supplies are included in the cost of the class, and no experience is necessary.

Sunday March 10, 1-5pm
Sunday April 7, 1-5pm
Sunday May 19, 1-5pm

More info on my website: www.bridgetbossartvanotterloo.com/workshops

Follow this link to register: Register for Workshop





             
Spring Fever Handmade Market
Saturday March 2, 10 am – 4 pm
A unique shopping experience in the greenhouse
Chamberlian Acres
824 Broadway Elmira, New York 14904
chamberlainacres.com
Join the event: ElmiraHandmadeMarket

New Paintings in the Gallery Store
Memorial Art Gallery
500 University Ave., Rochester NY 14607
mag.rochester.edu

Made in NY 2019
Schweinfurth Art Center
March 22 - May 12, 2019
Reception Friday March 22, 5:00 - 8:00 pm
205 Genesee Street, Auburn, NY 13021
www.schweinfurthartcenter.org

Arts in Bloom
Steuben County Arts Trail
This will be our 7th year celebrating Artists in Steuben County!
My studio will be open to the public
Saturday April 27, 10am – 7pm
Sunday April 28, Noon – 5pm
artsinbloom.net/painters
Join the event: www.facebook.com/events


Metamorphosis

May 5 - June 16, 2019
Reception Saturday May 19, 5:30 - 8:00 pm
Oxford Gallery
267 Oxford Street, Rochester NY
www.oxfordgallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment